Reduce the potential risk and members of staff by knowing more about prospective employees. CSI Africa delivers criminal record check results within 48 hours.
While it cannot be said that anyone with a criminal record is necessarily a business risk, the fact remains that record-free employees reduce the risk of loss or conflict within the workplace. After all, we're living in a time of rising commercial / workplace theft, a time in which individuals increasingly falsify personal documentation and other credentials to get the job.
Here are a few benefits of a criminal record check:
- Reduce the potential of workplace theft / conflict
- Reduced risk of negligent hiring legal proceedings
- Better candidates often make better employees
- Reduce the potential of employee misconduct
- Improved safety of existing employees
Use the map below to find your closest provider of criminal record checks.
Do you have a criminal record? CSI Africa's simplified the criminal record check procedure gives you the answer in 48 hours.
It can happen that you have a criminal record attached to your name, even when you've never been found guilty of a crime. It's an unfortunate situation that can have a severe negative impact on your life. You may find that you:
- have difficulty finding employment, despite having the right qualifications and experience
- have difficulty travelling beyond South African borders
- have difficulty maintaining good relationships
- are judged before you can prove your worth
CSI Africa simplifies the criminal record check procedure by taking care of all the necessary administrative difficulties. Results of criminal record checks are typically available within 2 working days.
Ready to get started?
Where are you located?
Wait 48 hours
When you get your results
Should we receive a notice that a criminal record does exist in your name, you may apply for criminal record expungement if:
- The record has been in existence for at least a decade (10 years or more) and there has been no subsequent conviction(s)
- The offence for which you were convicted was of a trivial nature, such as petty theft, shoplifting, fraud, certain politically motivated crimes and crimes in respect of which the punishment is now unconstitutional. Convictions of crimes of a serious nature, such as murder, rape and other sexual offences, armed robbery, and assault with the intention to do serious bodily harm, do not qualify for criminal record expungement
- You were given the option of paying a fine (R20,000 or less)
- You were advised that paying a fine would not result in a criminal record, but have subsequently discovered the existence of your criminal record
CSI Africa is a driver and co-developer of background screening technology in South Africa. Our aim is to turn human risk into valuable trust-based relationships.